[Celinux-dev] [Q] TinyLinux project status (resend)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Apr 25 16:41:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

Le Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:14:09 -0500,
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> a écrit :

> Query: is there any way to set up a nommu system with:
>
> A) stock vanilla upstream packages (kernel, uClibc, busybox)
> B) running under qemu
>
> I've had a todo item to add a nommu target to Aboriginal Linux but every
> time I do so I poke at making i386 nommu and it just doesn't seem to
> want to do that. (Can't imagine why...)

With a few Qemu patches and kernel patches, I'm able to boot into
userspace a Coldfire system under the Qemu Coldfire emulation. However,
the system crashes as soon as the first userspace program exits (the
kernel thinks I'm killing init, I haven't had the time to investigate
this). The kernel configuration and Qemu patches have been posted at
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2012-April/052581.html.

I have also been able to boot an ARM noMMU kernel for the AT91x40 SoC
under SkyEye. This time, the userspace works fine. I haven't had the
time to clean up this, and it requires patches to both the kernel and
SkyEye to work properly. If you're interested, I'll give you these
patches and configs when I'm done with the cleanup.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons