[Celinux-dev] [Q] TinyLinux project status (resend)

Ezequiel García elezegarcia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:35:31 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Linux in under 2 megabytes of RAM, even when running from ROM, is not a
> realistic goal. For context: linux 0.0.1 was developed on a 4 megabyte
> system in 1991. Swap support was added in december of that year so it
> could run on a 2 megabyte system.

After some research I came to the same conclusion. I guess I was on
drugs when I tought that,
since even a kernel compiled with almost nothing (not even BUG
support) weights ~1.5 MB.

It seems Linux is not aiming that low after all, however a little
effort to try to un-bloat the current
state of things can't hurt, right?

Thanks,
Ezequiel.