regarding disable of CONFIG_DEBUG_FS

Vladimir Murzin murzin.v at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:26:52 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Amit Nagal <helloin.amit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Vladimir Murzin <murzin.v at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's not clear why you can't disable CONFIG_DEBUG_FS via "make
>> menuconfig" or stuff like this?
>> This option is located under Kernel Haking -> Debuging Filesystems.
>> I've attached the diff of .config for this option.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Vladimir Murzin
>>

> i checked in 3.0.3 kernel . under kernel hacking section , DEBUG_FS is
> marked as  -*- Debug Filesystem .
> cannot disable it .  even if i modify .config file , when i make
> kernel image again , CONFIG_DEBUG_FS is turned on again .
>
> Regards
> Amit Nagal

It means that other feature depends on CONFIG_DEBUG_FS.
I can suggest running script like following to detect possible decencies.

find -type f -name Kconfig | xargs grep -B3  "DEBUG_FS"

FYI
Menu items beginning with following braces represent features that
[ ] can be built in or removed
< > can be built in, modularized or removed
{ } can be built in or modularized (selected by other feature)
- - are selected by other feature,
while *, M or whitespace inside braces means to build in, build as a
module or to exclude the feature respectively.