Kernel not showing in grub2

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 27 21:11:56 EDT 2011

I compiled a 3.0.0-rc7 kernel. Everything went smoothly except it
doesn't show in the grub menu even after doing sudo update-grub. I see
the kernel in /boot/grub/grub.cfg. Everything appears right with the
UUID's and all. I noticed in /boot it doesn't list the abi-3.0-rc7.
System-map initrd-img, vmlinux and config are all there.

Would the missing abi- keep grub from recognizing it or am I barking up
the wrong tree. If it is, how do I go about creating the abi short of
recompiling.

Thanks, Scott