Optimizing the performance of the Scheduler in the Kernel 3.0

Edward Alvarez edwardalvarezm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:35:21 EDT 2011

Greetings,
 <kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>

I want to optimize the performance of the scheduler in the Kernel 3.0 in
order to increase the number of calls a Sip proxy server can handle.

I read about the scheduler in the Kernel 2.6 and was able to find the
variables MIN_TIMESLICE, MAX_TIMESLICE, PRIO_BONUS_RATIO, MAX_SLEEP_AVG and
STARVATION_LIMIT. If I tune this variables I can tweak the performance of
the scheduler, but in the new kernel I cant find any documentation that
allows to successfully modify the scheduler.

I would gladly appreciate any information related to the scheduler in the
new kernel, or documentation about the new variables that are similar to the
ones I mentioned.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Edward Alvarez.