Code Generator

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:51:48 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:04 PM, mosta <mosta.me at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> does somebody know of projects that use code generators to generate
> kernel modules? I'm thinking about using a strongly typed language like
> haskell with a code generator to  generate kernel C-Code. I want to
> achieve more secure kernel modules this way. Is this a silly idea? or
> had someone already done that.
>
> hope for answers?
>
> greetings mosta

I'm not aware of any code generators, but there are a few static code
scanners that are routinely run against the kernel.

Coverity used to be one.  I don't know if they still run it or not.
Also, some people run other static code analysis tools looking for
optimizations or bugs.

Hopefully someone else can help you out if that is related to your question.

Greg