Doubt fork system call

rohan puri rohan.puri15 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:45:07 EDT 2011

Thanks Darshan. I went through that section of the book. I do agree that
fork(), vfork() in turn calls the clone() sys call which internally calls
do_fork() method.

The doubt which I have is there is a sys_fork() method which gets called
when fork() system call is invoked. But from userspace is there any way in
which we can make execute this code path, because if we make use of fork()
it will call clone() sys call and follow that code path. What I am trying to
figure out is that is that code (sys_fork() ) is redundant now or is
something still using it.

Regards,
Rohan.