Regarding threaded irq and normal irq

anish singh anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:29:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> On 06/09/2011, sandeep kumar <coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm..But when i tried to take a mutex lock in threaded_irq, it is throwing a
>> warning message
>> "BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context"... So i was wondering
>> which way it is..
>
> Please don't top post :)
>
> Anyway, regarding that "BUG:" message, could it be that mutex function
> mistakenly assume it's called inside top half, thus bails out since
How can mutex assume? IMHO the message would have printed
because sleeping would be forbidden there but again AFAIK in the threaded
handler we can do I2C transactions which can sleep.So kind of
paradox there.
ps:I have seen the code where sandeep is doing the taking the mutex lock.
He is taking mutex lock at the beginging of the handler and releasing
at the end.