Uniquely Identify Machine

ajit mote mail2blackmen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 04:42:38 EDT 2011

I would prefer to combine 2 different attribute from system details like MAC
ADDR of any in-built interface with dmidecode output like system serial
number or system UUID.

//snippet from dmidecode
System Information
        Manufacturer: LENOVO
        Product Name: 2537CT1
        Version: ThinkPad T410
        Serial Number: R87AF8Y
        UUID: 81E34735-8450-CB11-973C-C064F0097285

Regards,
Ajit Mote

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Gaurav Mahajan
<gauravmahajan2007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wan to recognize a particular machine uniquely.
>
> I would like to know which attribute of any machine can uniquely identify a
> particular machine.
> The machine may be a Virtual machine.
>
> Are BIOS information for machine are unique????
> Is processor id is unique????
>

> or we can form unique identification number of machine with the combination
> of the bios attributes.????
>

> Regards,
> Gaurav Mahajan.

Thanks & Regards,