Is there a way to build a cross reference with kernel file

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:05:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Jimmy Pan <dspjm1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems we can use ctags, while, I don't really know how to implement it.
> I don't want to use the online cross reference every time...

I personally use KDevelop to navigate the kernel. It's not perfect yet
and a little bit tricky to configure correctly, but it's still pretty
efficient and I work on improving it. I wrote about it recently:
http://www.gnurou.org/code/kdevelop-kernel

CTags is also known to work well, actually there is even a 'make tags'
target in the kernel's Makefile.

Hope this helps,
Alex.