Getting Information from Multiple nodes

anish kumar anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:32:58 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 18:00 +0530, Praveen kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>         I have a I2C chip driver,and there are two identical chips on
> two different i2c bus.
> I have registered the driver and initialized it and created two
> nodes /dev/chip_0 and /dev/chip_1
>
> If I open the node from user how will I make driver identify which
> device to access .ie in the ioctl.

So in your ioctl call you want to get the device structure right?
If yes then have a look at scull/main.c file in scull folder at below
location.
git://github.com/martinezjavier/ldd3.git

Basically you need to set private_data of filp at open time with device
information and get the private_data from filp in ioctl.
If you don't understand then just have a look at the file I mentioned.