Registering for only Specific Packets from Net-Filter!!!!

Kesava Srinivas vunnavafuture at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:50:48 EST 2011

HI Guys,

I'm a Newbie to Linux Kernel Development. Need some Clarification in
understanding Net-Filter Hooks.

Can I register only for the Necessary Packets [Ex: IPSEC etc...] from the
Net-Filters?? AFAIK ; Net-Filter Module send the Packets to the
Corresponding Module based on pre-defined HOOKS. Let us say; there are Many
Packets reaching that Hooks; and if I am Interested only in some Packets
from Net-Filter module; can I do that ???

Any Help is Really Appreciated !!

-Thnks,
VKS