About kernel memory limit

adheer chandravanshi adheer.c at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:46:18 EST 2011

Try this command:

dmesg | grep Memory

For  me the output is:
[    0.000000] Memory: 2007408k/2051636k available (4678k kernel code, 42932k reserved, 2124k data, 668k init, 1142332k highmem)

Look here for more details:

~ Adheer

From: geraint0923 at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:28:53 +0800
Subject: Re: About kernel memory limit
To: geek at uniserve.com
CC: dhylands at gmail.com; kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org

Thanks.
But I think that command 'free' just tell the memory used in kernel space and user space.It is still unknown to us that how much memory is used by kernel.