when and how Notifier Chains calling?

Srivatsa Bhat bhat.srivatsa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:17:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM, vichy <vichy.kuo at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all:
> if I register a user-defined notification chain as below:
> blocking_notifier_chain_register(&my_noti_chain, &my_notifier);
> under what circumstances it will be called?

Hi,

If you are asking when does the above register function will be called,
then you should call it whenever any other code path tries to register its
callback function to your new notifier event.

However, in case you are asking when the actual callbacks registered for
your new notifier are called, then they are called when you call
blocking_notifier_call_chain() function.

Refer to kernel/power/main.c for an example.

Regards,
Srivatsa S. Bhat