academia contribution to the kernel

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Tue May 31 14:26:44 EDT 2011

On 05/31/2011 05:45 AM, Pierre Vorhagen wrote:

> But I really wonder which type of Master (if any?) would maximize my
> chances of being hired by a company working on kernel development and
> related matters. Surely, a MSc in Computer Engineering would be more
> on-topic than a "traditional" MSc in Computer Science for instance, no?
> What *is* the best way to go about a Master that would be related to
> Linux development as much as possible?

Companies won't care much about your master.

However, if you manage to take your code from a proof of
concept to something production ready and merged in the
Linux kernel, you have just shown the whole world that you
are a kernel developer.

That is the kind of thing that will get you hired.

--
All rights reversed.