academia contribution to the kernel

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:30:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 09:44:25PM +1200, Ronnie Collinson wrote:
>> Quite generic, but over the last N months or year what feature or some form of
>> milestone has excited and/or pleased you the most, excluding 2.3 numbering.
>> Could be intersting.
>
> Ah, yes, you were not the first one to think of this one, it's on my
> list already :)

I have another question. Maybe a silly one but here it goes:

As far as I know linux staging is not only a mean to add code that
still is not in a mergeable form but also to deprecate old code. This
also applies to old subsystem like IBM MCA and ISA? Are these old
buses and ancient architectures being deprecated in the next 3.x
releases?

--
Javier Martínez Canillas
(+34) 682 39 81 69