knewbies project? - updating LDD3 source

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue May 24 16:36:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Robert P. J. Day
> <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> Why not take this a little bit higher and rewrite the LDD3 book
> sections that need updating, not (only) the source code examples.
>
> This can be taken on piecewise.
>
> I would see this identical to kernel/Documentation/* except that the
> pieces are targetting device driver developers.

  i would take a closer look at the samples/ directory in the kernel
source tree.  i am, in fact, writing a number of sample modules and
drivers to be incorporated into an introductory kernel programming
and device drivers course but i don't think i can share them all as
they're part of the official courseware.  but i'm sure there are
plenty of people who can write sample modules and drivers that would
fit nicely in that samples/ directory.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca