module loading order

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu May 12 09:48:57 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 09:33:32AM +0100, Simon Leung wrote:

> >> But the problem here is that pl2303 should not be loaded at all as
> >> it's for USB-serial adapter, not 3G modem. I'm not sure what controls
> >> that.
> > The descriptors of the device itself.
> >
> > What does 'lsusb' show with this device plugged in?
> > And what kernel version are you using here?
> >
> I'm using 2.6.21 on an ARM board. lsusb says:
> |12d1:1446
> after usb_modeswitch:
> ||12d1:1001

2.6.21 is _very_ old and unsupported, please use a modern kernel if you
need to ask the community for help.  If you are stuck with this version
for some reason, please contact the vendor that is providing you support
for this as you are paying them for this.

If you can reproduce this with the 2.6.38 kernel release, or newer, I'll
be glad to help you out.

thanks,

greg k-h