Serial Port Monitoring Tool

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:30:48 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Madhavi Manchala
<madhavi.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have gone through following link about the serial monitoring tool.
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO-11.html#serial_mon
>
> However, we know about the USBMON which is used to monitor the USB
> traffic on the USB bus. Like USBMON, which is the best one? Is there
> any other tool, apart from the above link, for monitoring the serial
> data?\

15 years ago, there were a number of serial monitor programs

And even dedicated hardware devices.

The ones I used required a three headed cable.  (or maybe 4, its been
a long time.)

I was using commercial software at the time.  I don't recall if it was
linux or windows (or even dos back then).

Good Luck finding something,
Greg