Unable to remove kernel module showing permanent using lsmod

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:38:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:08, sakthi selvam <sakthi.cdm at gmail.com> wrote:
> But in my case, cleanup module also available in memory, after loading
> the module. I used to check using the file in /proc/kallsyms for the
> availability of cleanup module in memory.

AFAIK, such thing could happen due to certain data structure(s) from
that module that are continously accessed or locked. So, to avoid race
condition ( and missing pointer), keeping the module in memory is the
right way to do.

But of course, AFAIK too, you can try rmmod -f. But the risk is all yours.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant