Fwd: help with unknown symbols when trying to load kernel module

Andrzej Kardas andrzej-kardas at o2.pl
Sun Mar 6 13:55:09 EST 2011

On 06.03.2011 18:38, julie Sullivan wrote:
> I found this query on linux-kernel. Can anyone help George?

How did you built kernel, means by make all, or just make module_prepare
& make madules ?
Please check if after build kernel (make all) there is a file
Module.symvers in /your_path_to_src_kernel/

> When I try to load the module on the phone, I get a pretty long list
> of undefined symbols:
> http://pastebin.com/re5mRj4E
There is many *disagrees about version* of symbol which looks like
sources you uesed to build module wasn't for this particular kernel.

Could you type and paste output of:

modinfo tiwlan_drv

and

modinfo some_other_module_working_on_your_phone

--
regards
Andrzej Kardas