Disabling an interrupt

Jacky Lam lamshuyin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:26:26 EST 2011

Hi Dave,

     I have confirmed the execution has go into
desc <http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=desc>->irq_data
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=irq_data>.chip
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=chip>->irq_disable
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=irq_disable>(&desc
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=desc>->irq_data
<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/+code=irq_data>);

   However, irq_disable points to kernel/irq/chip.c:default_disable() which do nothings.
   Unlike default_enable() which called by enable_irq() will unmask the IRQ accordingly.

   I don't understand the reason behind.

BR,
Jacky