Debugging a custom kernel

Apelete Seketeli apelete at seketeli.org
Wed Jun 29 16:14:41 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am working on a custom kernel, and I would like to add the necessary
support to enable it to boot with qemu. In order to achieve that I am
trying to debug it inside qemu by attaching a gdb to it. I still can't
figure where the boot process is getting stuck with step-by-step
execution, but it seems that the last function called is "delay_loop"
from arch/x86/lib/delay.c.
That function contains some assembly code, does someone know what it
is supposed to do ?
Beside, do you have any advice on the way I should proceed to get the
necessary information to port the kernel ?

Thanks.
--
        Apelete