finding kernel jump address after "decompressing linux"

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:24:37 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 20:05, Christopher Harvey
<chris at basementcode.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what physical address the kernel jumps to
> after "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.". IIRC, there
> are two parts to a kernel image, one compressed part and one
> uncompressed. The uncompressed code decompresses the compressed part and
> puts it into memory then jumps to it. I'm using an ARM kernel, version
> 2.6.38.

try to check the related ld script...for example, in x86 it's in
arch/x86/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S and arch/x86/kernel/vmlinux.lds. The
latter is generated during kernel compilation AFAIK.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant