debugging enabled? (was Re: KGDB command line options not working for kernel 2.6.32)

Prabhu nath gprabhunath at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:25:00 EDT 2011

Hi Mulyadi/Spiro,

           Can you please help me in partially enabling/disabling
optimizations, because I was consistently hitting at the below problem when
building the kernel after disabling the optimization

ERROR: "intel_gmbus_is_forced_bit" [drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko] undefined!
make[2]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

Can I enable optimization for this i915 driver, so that I can contine with
my kernel building ?

Thanks,
Prabhu