Linux kernel thread model

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:37:35 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 14:06, manish honap
<manish_honap_vit at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> How they understand whether kernel part is scheduled or user part is scheduled ?

not sure if I got your question correctly, but the one that is
scheduled is the process..... 1:1 model means for single
fork()/clone()/pthread_create() in user space, clone() syscall with
various parameters are called in kernel space. Then, we end up
creating single process. This represent that whole single thread.

whether it's currently running in user space or kernel space, that's
up to the code....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa