kernel list data structure

Ali Bahar ali at internetdog.org
Mon Jun 6 21:51:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 10:43:20AM +0430, Amirali Shambayati wrote:
> Ali thanks for your valuable comments. Would you suggest me an alternative
> method to implement the structure I explained?

I don't know, sufficiently, what you _intend_ to implement. As
described originally,

> > > "noop_data" has a reference to start point of bundles list, called
> > > "writeQueue"
> > > "bundle" has a reference to start point of requests list, called
> > > "reqsQueue".
> > > "bundle" knows its related list using "bundlesQueue".
> > > "request" knows its related list using "queuelist". (request struct is
> > > already implemented in kernel)

your data structures are capable of fitting what you say; however,
they may not match that which you have visualized in your mind. It'd
take even more guess-work on my part to divine the latter.

Let me go out on a limb here, and suggest the following.

I don't think you have any kernel-specific issues. This is the sort of
thing which is best handled by sitting down with someone, and
articulating what you have in mind. The bugs (in your
visualization-to-implementation) are then sure to come out.

> Sharif University of Technology

Judging by the word of mouth, and the grad students I've seen, Sharif
should be full of exceptionally bright students. Grab the guy next to
you, and talk it out.

later,
ali