syscall trace at kernel land

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 06:18:00 EST 2011

Hi Mohit....

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:41, mohit verma <mohit89mlnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks  rajat,
> and of course mulyadi , sorry for the confusion.
> @ mulyadi : u got me right as u always do. :)
> except system dependencies is there anything which should be taken care of
> before implementing this  task??

Are you aware that again you do top posting? Please, don't do that.
It's the common rule here. Maybe you don't like it...fine...but we
live here as one single community, so please obey the rule. Alright?

OK, assuming you wanna to track last (or maybe few latest irq number
that has been shot). I think, without certain instrumention, you can't
do that. AFAIK, irq number is pushed in the kernel stack before it
hits the upper half. But it could be clobbered by another one...

I think ftrace or systemtap could help you on that matter...or if you
wanna do freestyle hacking, kprobe will help too as always.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant