LDD3 examples updated

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 02:45:03 EST 2011

Hello,

I see many people in the list asking where do I start? In my opinion
the best way to learn kernel development is first learning some basic
concepts and start coding to get your hands dirty.

The Linux Device Drivers 3 book is a good start. Both the book and
source code examples are freely available.

The problem is that the book is a few years old and the example
drivers do not compile in recent kernels.

I started a project to keep the LDD3 examples up-to-date with recent kernels.

The git tree can be cloned from git://github.com/martinezjavier/ldd3.git

I will try to keep the code always in sync with linux-next but there
will be tags to stable versions. Now there are tags that compile with
kernel versions 2.6.32, 2.6.35 and 2.6.37.

I didn't try all the drivers with the three kernel versions, just
compile tested. So any bug, comment or patch is always welcome

--
Best regards,