Doubt regarding __udivdi3

Gaurav Mahajan gauravmahajan2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:06:10 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a module into the kernel (2.6.35.5). There are no
errors during the "make" phase. There are only warnings regarding two
symbols :
WARNING: "__udivdi3"
[/media/Study/project_work/splitting_merging/radc_try1/radc1.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "__umoddi3"
[/media/Study/project_work/splitting_merging/radc_try1/radc1.ko]
undefined!

But during the "insmod" step, the module is not getting inserted into
the kernel saying that there is an undefined symbol in the .ko file of
the module.

dmesg O/P :

adc1: Unknown symbol __fixsfsi (err 0)
radc1: Unknown symbol __umoddi3 (err 0)
radc1: Unknown symbol __udivdi3 (err 0)
radc1: Unknown symbol __floatundisf (err 0)
radc1: Unknown symbol __umoddi3 (err 0)
radc1: Unknown symbol __udivdi3 (err 0)

If anyone can help me with tackling these errors, it would be really
helpful......

Regards,
Gaurav