Verifying module

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:03:12 EST 2011

Hi..

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:15, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am talking about scheduling latency and more important  network latency

Please don't do top posting....

About measuring latency, I think you can use lmbench along with ftrace
(check http://lxr.linux.no/linux+*/Documentation/trace/events.txt for
the details). Uhm and I think you could probably use the new "perf"
tool, which is bundled in vanilla kernel tarball.

Network latency? Perhaps you can check this article "Benchmarking
network  performance with Network Pipemeter, LMbench, and nuttcp"
(http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/144532)

All in all, the things that might affect the latency stuffs IMHO are:
all tracing related functionality, traffic filtering/shaping, security
modules. even if they were indeed loaded, I think the overhead might
be negligible if you use them carefully and properly.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant