syscalls performance

Enrico Granata egranata at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 25 12:14:18 EST 2011

If you are calling getpid() as a libc function, the library is caching the result. This means, after the first time calling it (when you really have to go into the kernel), subsequent calls will simply return the cached value without ever leaving user level

Enrico Granata
Computer Science & Engineering Department (EBU3B) - Room 3240
office phone 858 534 9914
University of California, San Diego