Issue on 2.6.35.9 kernel with module insertion when Rootfs is NFS mounted

naveen yadav yad.naveen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 22:47:08 EST 2011

Hi all,

We investigated the problem and found out that there is some config issue.
The config option was the problem:-
Symbol: NFSD_V4 [=n]
    Prompt: NFS server support for NFS version 4 (EXPERIMENTAL)
      Defined at fs/nfsd/Kconfig:67
      Depends on: NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS [=y] && NFSD [=n] && PROC_FS
[=y] && EXPERIMENTAL [=y]
      Location:
        -> File systems
          -> Network File Systems (NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS [=y])
            -> NFS server support (NFSD [=n])
      Selects: NFSD_V3 [=n] && FS_POSIX_ACL [=y] && RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5 [=y]

Thanks