Repetitive Mails and some errors with gmail

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:29:27 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:13 PM, julie Sullivan
<kernelmail.jms at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rik,
>> There seem to be some trouble with new list and gmail.
>> At times there are many repeats of some mails and as pointed out in previous
>> conversation by Anish, there seem to be some issues in sending/receiving
>> mails.
>> Could you please look into this matter.
>>
>> Regards
>> Anuz

> annoying.

I use gmail.

Every time I post to the list, I was getting a bounce from amit at fibcom.com.

I've also seen duplicated posts, like from mohit on Feb 5. I received
5 copies of that email.

Looking in the archives, I see the original post, and a forwarded copy
of the post, with a subject of "netlink interface".

In my own archive, I have 3 copies of the original post and 2 copies
of the forwarded post.

The first copy of the original and Fwd have a timestamp of 5:03 AM,
the second pair at 2:01/2:02 PM, and a final copy of the original on
Feb 6 at 7:31 AM (I'm in PST, which I think is GMT-8).

Most of the messages only seem to come through once (as expected).

Dave Hylands