About EXPORT_SYMBOL

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:04:19 EST 2011

Hi Mulyadi,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 23:23, kashish bhatia <koolest77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> yes I compiled the kernel again and then tried to insert my module. I think
>> the function is not properly exporting.
>
> not sure if it makes difference, but try EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() macro
> instead.... and see if it indeed works...

EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL is more restrictive than EXPORT_SYMBOL. It only
allows the symbol to be used by modules which have GPL module
licesnce.

Kashish, so you know which symbol is unknown?

If you use insmod it should report which symbols are the unknown ones.
Otherwise you can resort to running nm on your module to see what
symbols it needs.

Dave Hylands