Thread Affinity structure

Sri Ram Vemulpali sri.ram.gmu06 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:11:13 EST 2011

Hi all,

    I have doubt regarding how the thread affinity (to processor) is
defined in a process (task). If there is only single thread in a
process, then when process calls itself on binding to a core, will let
run on that core forever. But, what if there are multiple threads, in
a process (task). If the main thread calls set affinity to a core, is
it going to get inherited to all other threads, or just the calling
thread in a task. What happens when forked a process with threads that
has affinity to a core. Please can anyone point me to the literature
on this. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Sri.