Strange kernel reboot (oops?)

Ezequiel García elezegarcia at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Dec 27 10:30:02 EST 2011

--- El mar 27-dic-11, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> escribió:

> De: Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com>
> Asunto: Re: Strange kernel reboot (oops?)
> Para: "Ezequiel García" <elezegarcia at yahoo.com.ar>
> Cc: "kernelnewbies" <Kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>
> Fecha: martes, 27 de diciembre de 2011, 9:15
> Hi :)
>
> 2011/12/27 Ezequiel García <elezegarcia at yahoo.com.ar>:
> > We've solved the bug that originated this in first
> place,
> > so... never mind :) It was strange indeed...
> >
> > Thanks anyway for you help.
> >
> > Embedded-land is a strange world to live in.
>
> Wow nice :) Anyway, mind to share a bit, what was the
> solution? if it
> is not top secret :)

Nah, it's not a secret.
We have a device with hdmi out, the sudden reboot bug was triggered somewhere in the hdmi out digital resolution change (1080, 720, etc)...
so we changed the way the digital resolution is changed and the bug
magically disapparead :)

I am not very familiar with the inners of this particular SoC chip so I can't really imagine how can the system reboot in such a way.

Thanks,
Ezequiel.