3.2.0-rc1 could not find module

Alexandru Juncu alex.juncu at rosedu.org
Tue Dec 20 08:48:06 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Martin Smith <smith_it2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I used git to down load the source code.
>
> I did:
>
> make defconfig
> make
> make modules
> make modules_install
> make install
>
> make install had problems:
>
> sh /usr/data/KERNEL/linux-stable/arch/x86/boot/install.sh 3.2.0-rc1
> arch/x86/boot/bzImage \
>                 System.map "/boot"
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module autofs4
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module fcoe
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module 8021q
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module libfcoe
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module garp
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module libfc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module stp
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module llc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module scsi_transport_fc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module scsi_tgt
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sunrpc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ip6t_REJECT
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nf_conntrack_ipv6
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xt_state
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nf_conntrack
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ip6table_filter
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ip6_tables
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ipv6
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xfs
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module exportfs
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module dm_mirror
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module dm_region_hash
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module dm_log
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module raid456
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module async_raid6_recov
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module async_pq
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module raid6_pq
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module async_xor
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xor
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module async_memcpy
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module async_tx
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ppdev
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module parport_pc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module parport
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sg
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c_piix4
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c_core
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_intel8x0
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_ac97_codec
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ac97_bus
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_seq
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_seq_device
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_pcm
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_timer
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module soundcore
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_page_alloc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module e1000
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ext3
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module jbd
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module mbcache
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module raid1
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sd_mod
> [...]

Did you notice any errors while running make modules or make
modules_install? Keep in mind that the make modules_install and make
install need root access to copy the files in the correct system
locations (make and make modules can be run as a normal user).

--
Alexandru Juncu

ROSEdu
http://rosedu.org