Issue with gdb 7.0 backtrace

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 08:37:10 EST 2011

Hi John..
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 16:31, solmac john <johnsolmac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> As we know, generally, we run bt command in gdb, gdb show the seg fault
> location in last backtrace.
>
> I found one strange behaviour If i run  bt command in gdb, at that itme, gdb
> didn’t show the segment  fault location in backtrace by default.
>
> Can some one tell the reason
> and is this expected in SMP

Looking at your registers names, looks like the processor is not Intel's, right?

But anyway, looking further at your backtrace, which (seems?) ended in
malloc consolidation, I smell one suspect...double free()....

So, may I ask, do you inaccidentally did that?

Quite likely in such condition, stack frame is also corrupted, so you
will find less valuable...or even worst, no valid information there.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant