some questions about log level

loody miloody at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:50:56 EST 2011

hi all:
I can see the message, right now.
2011/12/13 Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 08:57, loody <miloody at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi:

>>> Which "console" are you looking at? It only works with the consoles
>>> provided by the kernel (ttyN) on usual desktop distros, and not with
>>> xterm-alikes.
>> I use ubuntu 11.04 and I use gnome terminal.
>> so you mean what I saw in gonme terminal may not be the ttyN that
>> enabled by kernel?
>> if that is the root cause, is it possible for me to switch my gonme
>> terminal to ttyN you mentioned?
>>
>> Appreciate your help,
>
> Jonathan refer to consoles you usually get when pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1
> throught Ctrl-Alt-F6.

BTW, is there any api I can flush all the messages in kernel buffer
ring before when I jump to BUG(), kernel checking MACRO?
my problem is:
1. I put more detail messages in the level 8, usually it will shows up
if I change console_loglevel or type dmesg.
2. I don't want it to show in normal operation.
3. but I want to see them before my driver jump to BUG() check point.
Thanks for your help,