Measuring time in range of microseconds.

Sathishkumar Duraisamy bewithsathish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 02:11:12 EST 2011

Hi Fredrick,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Fredrick <fjohnber at zoho.com> wrote:
> I think if the specific ARM platform you are working supports a oneshot
> clock_device, you would get the high res timer support.
>
> You can check for clock_devices defined in your platform having feature -
> CLOCK_EVT_FEAT_ONESHOT.

I have been working on s3c6410 SOC. As per kconfig file, currently for
2.6.36, my platform doesn't support these dependencies.  I have to
check with recent kernels.

"config HIGH_RES_TIMERS
	bool "High Resolution Timer Support"
	depends on !ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET && GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS
	select TICK_ONESHOT
	help
	  This option enables high resolution timer support. If your
	  hardware is not capable then this option only increases
	  the size of the kernel image."

--
Regards,
Sathishkumar D