Error Building Fedora Kernel - problem in applying patch

Vaibhav Jain vjoss197 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:46:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to build fedora 15 kernel (2.6.39) on a fedora 15 machine
(2.6.38.8.-25.fc15.i686.PAE).
I am following the document :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel
I made a few changes to the source code (only prink statements) and
generated a patch as given in the doc by the name *
linux-2.6-my-new-patch.patch*.
I added the following lines to the spec file  at the appropriate places:
  *Patch 20005:  linux-2.6-my-new-patch.patch*
*  ApplyPatch   linux-2.6-my-new-patch.patch*

But as soon as I build the kernel I get the error :

*ERROR: Patch linux-2.6-my-new-patch.patch not listed as a source patch in
spec file*
*error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp/t07KDk (%prep)*
**
*RPM build error: *
*        Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp/t07KDk (%prep)*

I am doing everything according to the doc. Please let me know what could
have gone wrong.

Thanks
Vaibhav Jain