Compile the driver against kernel source requires a build kernel ??

Sraddha dhakatevaishali at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:34:53 EDT 2011

I am trying to build a led driver for the samsung kernel 2.6.35.7
I have 2.6.35-22-generic installed on my host machine
Now I thought is I could take the header files for the 2.6.35.7 kernel from
the net sudo apt-get install kernel-headers-2.6.35.7:
 Error:Unable to locate package kernel-headers-2.6.35.7
 Any suggestion for the header files
 can I use the header files of 2.6.35 like if I type sudo apt-get install
kernel-headers-2.6.35
 and use these header files for the led driver compilation

I have the samsung kernel source , so Maybe I just compile the led driver
against this source without compiling the entire samsung kernel .
Plz iluminate .
Regards
Sraddha