question in request_threaded_irq

radhika bhaskaran radhibhas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:25:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a question with respect to request_threaded_irq.

Assume that one driver has registered and ISR on some particular irq number.

Can i use the same irq number and register and isr in another driver.
Because that is my requirement.

when i try to do that is an error message with an error no as -19.

 err = request_threaded_irq(pdata->irq , NULL, testing_fucntion,
                            IRQF_TRIGGER_FALLING | IRQF_TRIGGER_RISING,
"testing_function", dev);

Can some one please help me whether it is possible.

Regards,
RB