Mapped more than Cached in /proc/meminfo

=/_00/\/\ z0032oom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 07:10:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for replying
Here is one observation worth mentioning.
On boot system it shows Mapped < Cached (In fact much less)
After using system for some time following commands are executed.
# sync and echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_cache

Whenever above command is executed I can see Mapped > Cached.

This is somewhat confusing for me.
Could you please explain ?

Regards,
  ~/