new kernel boot

Eduard Sinelnikov eduard.sinelnikov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:13:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I got this problem ( compiled kernel from scratch )
Your problem is that the modules is not competible with your ramfs(the
initial OS before loading the real Kernel) file.
( this file is /boot/initrd.img.2-6...... )

I have to create the ramfs via mkinitramfs command

also you have to update the grub to point to the new ramfs file.

Eduard Sinelnikov.