Not able to see all the symbols in the output of "nm" command

Madhavi Manchala madhavi.linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:21:32 EDT 2011

Dear All,

I build the OpenWRT image for my target device. I am able to see the
"vmlinux" image in trunk/build_dir/linux-s3c2510/linux-2.6.36
directory where linux-s3c2510 indicates my target device.

I am NOT able to see some of the function names (symbols), which I
developed, in the output of the "nm" command for vmlinux image. Am I
missing any thing while building the image for getting all the symbols
into the image?

I am NOT able to see all the function names which are defined in
arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/uncompress.h file. Please let me know if
I am missing any thing.

Thanks for your suggestions / hints.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi M.