Device Driver Help

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Tue Apr 12 09:47:59 EDT 2011

On 04/12/2011 05:22 PM, Gasparini Andrea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Naveen Kumar <navee83 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I am very new to device driver area and has some basic knowledge of
>> char and block device driver and linux kernel. I am little bit
>> aware of some of subsystem of kernel but I am not able to co-relate
>> which device driver file is pure software driver and more or less
>> part of kernel subsystem to achieve hardware abstraction and which
>> driver files deals with real hardware. It would be great help if
>> someone can provide some real example with some open hardware
>> datasheet, some basic code snippet will help me a lot.
>
> you can take a look at the OpenMoko project, I never gave a deep
> look at it, but it should be entirely open, even the hardware parts.

definitely not open then qi-hardware ben nanonote. Ben Nanonote simply,
open and active now you can always get answer in qi-hardware list or
IRC  #qi-hardware @freenode.net

ben nanonote have committed some code to linux.org you can find the
it after 2.6.36 :)

BTW:
OpenMoko have canceled develop FreeRunner. the other device WikiReader
is not base on GNU/Linux system.

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu