question regarding down_interruptible

Vijay Ram Chitrapu chitrapu.vijayram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:37:30 EDT 2011

Thanks Dave for that reply.
While i try out registering handlers for all possible signals, I
forgot to mention this point in my previous email.

The userspace is waiting on a select call. As per the system design,
the kernel module interrupts when there is a data intended to the user
(via poll in kernel). If this could be the cause for the userspace
getting a signal, then typically what signal is generated to the
process to invoke select to inform that the I/O is ready. Is it SIGIO?

Regards,
Vijay