Scheduling policy

Laurențiu Dascălu dascalu.laurentziu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:13:32 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a simple scheduling policy in the Linux kernel,
but I'm not sure if I correctly understand the sched_class interface.
Specifically, I would like to know more about the following functions:

* put_prev_task(struct rq *rq, struct task_struct *prev)
Q: It means the prev was preempted and I have to reschedule another
task? Or I have just to add prev to the running queue?

The code should look something like:

if (prev->se.on_rq)
{
   enqueue_task(rq, prev);
}

or I'm wrong?

* task_tick(struct rq *rq, struct task_struct *p, int queued)
Q: Should I preempt the task p, by calling resched_task? What does
"queued" means?

Thanks,
--
Laurențiu Dascălu